Rounding up some of my AI explorations. Subscribe to my newsletter for the latest updates.
- Discovery AI: A prototyping series with Upstatement exploring the future of websites.
- Spatially Browse a Website with Embeddings — I made a visualization of a site, where each post is a point grouped by similarity. When you hover over a point you can see the title and an AI-summary of the post. You can browse posts and click to open one up. (demo)
- Automatically label blog topics with LLMs — I used GPT4 to generate categories and topics given a corpus of posts, using these labels for post previews and content analytics. ****(demo)
- AI Description Zoom —Turn images to words, and use the slider to increase the level of text detail. (demo)
- AIxUIDailies: A 5-day coding challenge building a new prototype each day to explore creative interfaces for generativeAI. See the recap thread here with all 5 projects. Here are two:
- Physical LCM: I made an app to create open ended and tangible interfaces for real time image generation, by using a webcam and Latent Consistency Models. (demo)
- App to build interactive sound & visual websites: I made an app that uses AI to make interactive sound and visual websites given a description. (demo)
- Gas Me Up: I made an app to see me and say nice things. It uses GPT-4V, OpenAI’s TTS to share affirmations (demo)
- Quick pep talk: When I’m feeling stuck on a project I use this app to say nice things about what im working on. (demo)
- tldr-scale: Interact with an article to see a range of summary lengths, see the demo video.
- Doodle & diffuse is a collaborative AI drawing prototype I made. I’d love for you to see it. Watch the 30s demo, or the more detailed one.
- Visualizing a latent space of wonder: “Wandering things to do to invite more wonder, sometimes when you are alone” I used embeddings of a list of playful, imaginative activities to explore this latent space of wonder. (demo)
- Multi-user storytelling with AI: what would it be like to make more collab experiences with AI? I made a two person interactive storytelling app. (demo)
- Nieman Lab Predictions GPT: I was invited to contribute to Nieman Lab‘s year end predictions. For my 2024 prediction I shared a few insights building with LLMs over the last year and then downloaded all of the previous year end predictions - all 1,369 of them - and made a custom GPT. (article)
- Particle system image generation: How might we use UI metaphors that are more amorphous or fluid to express the probabilistic quality of genAI?This prototype uses a particle system to render images generated from AI. (demo)
- Event flyer → Calendar: GPT with custom action integrating with Google Calendar.
- tldr-tree: Imagine navigating an article as a tree, getting an overview, and then zooming in on a section for more details. This prototype illustrates navigating nested summaries of an article.
- Building custom GPTs: creating a range across productivity, creativity, and wellness.
- BLIP-play allows you to upload an image and ask questions about it. Check out the demo video, and see the code.
- Voice guided interactive meditation chat
- Can AI help make the web more accessible? Building Ally: Using LLMs to redesign websites.
- tldr-cl is a command line tool for summarization. I made it using GPT-4 and wrote about the process here: “How I used GPT-4 to code an idea into to a working prototype”